One Standardized Business System for All Core Business Processes
- amor is one of Europe’s most successful vertically integrated jewelry providers for genuine jewelry in the mid-range price segment, and operates in over 24 countries in total.
- The company sells around eight million pieces of jewelry each year through its sales partners – retailers, warehouses, jewelry stores, and shopping centers.
- The trading company’s range of goods, which currently comprises over 9,000 products, is expanded by around 800 new items each year.
"Switching to SAP technologies has provided us with a future-oriented and scalable digitalization platform that we can use to further promote global expansion as a core element of our strategy. Moreover, the Arvato Systems employees support us with their wealth of IT expertise, and are well versed in our company’s complexity and particular requirements."Marcus Hoffmann, Managing Director, amor
The task consisted of constructing a digitalization platform with integrated, central, yet custom sales floor management and scalable personnel deployment planning. Additional goals included safeguarding the international growth strategy (24 countries) as well as optimizing and securing the processing of the high transaction volume associated with business around Christmas, which amounts to over 100,000 order items per day.
amor wanted a digitalization platform with integrated, central, yet customized sales floor management and scalable personnel deployment planning. The company also wanted the platform to safeguard the international growth strategy, which comprised 24 countries. Another requirement was to optimize and secure the processing of the high transaction volume associated with business around Christmas, which amounts to over 100,000 order items per day.
Solution and our Services
- Rolling out SAP Retail and expanding the end-to-end process with amor-specific USPs such as: Precious metal development
- Integrated action planning with control of forward and reverse logistics
- Custom and revenue-oriented delivery planning
- Custom, multi-level presentation in the retail location with temporal validities
- Custom, rules-based configuration of product ranges
The harmonization of the IT environment through rolling out SAP core functions in the areas of product range planning, procurement, scheduling, manufacturing and sales, logistics and finances, retail location, and personnel allows amor to manage company processes in an integrated, transparent way.
Factors such as the wide variety of the product range as well as the centralized yet custom sales floor management posed particular challenges. Integration of manufacturing and service processes, action planning during parallel planning and management of forward and reverse logistics and the associated personnel deployment all needed to be taken into account as well. A move into a cutting-edge logistics center also took place immediately following the fully integrated SAP rollout.
Mapping of the large number of integrated process versions tailored to various sales channels as well as retailer- and country-specific requirements