- Dr. Pfleger is one of Germany‘s leading medium-sized pharmaceutical manufacturers, with a range of more than 60 branded pharmaceutical and medical products as well as around 20 personal care products.
- Medical products are manufactured using both in-house production facilities and contract manufacturers, and are shipped to more than 40 countries around the world.
- In 2016, the company’s 340 employees generated revenues of around €74.1m.
International initiatives have the goal of preventing counterfeit medications from entering the legal distribution chain. These directives relate to the authentication of medications by confirming their integrity at the packaging level. Dr. Pfleger’s medical products are manufactured in their own facilities or by contracted companies, and are marketed in around 40 countries. The goal is to implement existing and planned directives on serialization from the relevant countries within a short timeframe.
Particular challenges for Dr. Pfleger are:
- Implementation of a scalable IT solution which can be used to meet future requirements and which can easily be expanded for use in other countries.
- Flexible integrations with CMO (Contract Manufacturing Organization) and MAH (Marketing Authorization Holder)
- Integration of a serialization solution into the existing systems environment, including integration into the SAP environment.
About Arvato CSDB
The Arvato Corporate Serialization Database, Arvato CSDB, forms a link between the corporate ERP system, systems directly controlling production (Line Manager) and relevant external systems and organizations. Production workflows with serialization and/or aggregation are managed, even across company boundaries. The Arvato CSDB Gateway enables centralized communications with national verification systems and external business partners. The range of components and options provided by Arvato CSDB mean that Arvato Systems offers a comprehensive, customized serialization solution for pharmaceutical companies.
Connectivity with CMO & MAH
The Arvato CSDB Gateway standard interface offers a straightforward method for linking with CMO (Contract Manufacturing Organization) and MAH (Marketing Authorization Holder).
Integration into SAP systems
By integrating both systems (SAP and Arvato CSDB), and creating a single unified workflow, the new serialization workflows are significantly more user friendly.
Integration with National Verification System
A standard Arvato CSDB Gateway interface provides a dependable method of registering serial numbers into each country’s national verification system.
Expert support in specification and validation
Experienced Arvato business analysts and project managers support Dr. Pfleger throughout the project implementation. Customized processes are designed and implemented responding to serialization requirements, and are tested using a comprehensive validation approach.
Minimized Training Requirements
The intuitive Arvato CSDB user interface means that user training can be completed in just a few days.