- SYNTACOLL specializes in the development and manufacture of innovative collagen products for medical and pharmaceutical use. One of the core technologies is tissue engineering – the development of fast and long-lived tissue equivalents for the treatment of acute and chronic wounds.
- Medications are manufactured in their own production line.
- Development is performed in conjunction with universities, medical centers and institutes in Germany and around the world.
- SYNTACOLL is a subsidiary of Innocoll Pharmaceuticals (Ireland).
The falsification of medications is a multi-billion dollar business, causing harm to patients, social insurance systems and last but not least, the pharmaceutical industry. Because of this, the issue of medication security is increasingly the focus of international initiatives. The goal is to prevent counterfeit medications from entering the legal supply chain and to ensure that individual processes are secure.
As a manufacturer of prescription pharmaceutical products, SYNTACOLL was looking for a customized IT serialization solution. The software product needed to conform to future international, especially USA, serialization requirements.
The special challenges facing SYNTACOLL included:
- Integration of the software into existing processes in the modernized and to largely rebuilt production location. Working closely together, the teams identified where serialization could be most effectively integrated.
- Centralized administration and creation of serial numbers as well as ensuring secure communications between external partners and with production equipment. Implementation of a scalable IT solution which would also be able to deal with future requirements, and which could easily be expanded for use in other countries.
The serialization solution Arvato CSDB
The Arvato Corporate Serialization Database, Arvato CSDB, forms a link between the corporate ERP system, systems directly controlling production (Line Manager) and relevant external systems and organizations. Production workflows with serialization and/or aggregation are managed, even across company boundaries. The Arvato CSDB Gateway enables centralized communications with national verification systems and external business partners. The range of components and options provided by Arvato CSDB mean that Arvato Systems offers a comprehensive, customized serialization solution for pharmaceutical companies.
Low Training Costs
Staff training takes just one day, thanks to the Arvato CSDB intuitive user interface
Integration into new company processes/ joint development
With the help of Arvato Systems experts, new serialization workflows were developed and integrated into new business processes
Integration of National Systems
Using a standardized Arvato CSDB gateway interface, reliable input of serial numbers into the National Verification systems of the relevant countries has been made possible
Arvato Systems takes responsibility for the complete solution – including project management, implementation, definition of specifications and documentation