Product Information Management
High-quality, readily available product data is becoming increasingly important for product sales. Product data management is ever more complex, with requirements constantly changing and at the same time, digital transformation demands more and more product information, e.g. data on how the product is networked with online services. The product name, product image, descriptive text and list price that used to be sufficient are now standard for sales platforms and marketplaces and additional detailed technical information is demanded. The quantity of different delivery formats is growing, and delivery cycles are ever-faster. This raises the pressure for businesses to have coherent product data management with efficient maintenance and delivery processes. With over twenty years’ experience in the industry, we are able to support you with the selection and implementation of a Product Information Management System (PIM).
Successful eCommerce solutions depend on high quality, consistent product data. In the context of Omni-Channel commerce the challenge is especially complex. A centrally administered product database containing all product information, including sales data, technical data, descriptive text, images and multimedia content, classification and social data as well as social network product feedback, is a major undertaking for retail enterprises and for retail manufacturers. PIM systems need to support a huge range of input and output channels.
Common sources of product data include:
- ERP- and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems
- File locations (SharePoint, Fileserver, decentralized /local storage)
- External partners via technical interfaces, eg. EDI, CSV, BMEcat
- Image databases and Digital Asset Management Systems (DAM)
- Translation Management Systems (TMS)
- Content Providers
Typical output channels for product data include:
- Web shop Systems (mobile and web based)
- Market places, price comparison websites
- Business partners (B2B, Wholesale, etc.)
- Print Media (Catalogues, brochures, price lists, leaflets etc.)
- Product information for stores (digital and print)
- Point of Sale (POS) Systems, order terminals
- Social media, Intranet applications
- Call Center, Direct Marketing systems, customer portals
- Electronic catalogues and spare parts catalogues
- DVDs, BMEcat, OCI, Product configuration systems... and many more
Design, selection, implementation, go-live and operation of your PIM system are all provided by the same organisation, raising synergies and reducing the level of complex inter-partner communications.
A holistic IT solution approach, starting from the PIM system, ensures seamless integration into all other existing IT systems.
Extensive experience and expertise in the retail, fashion and manufacturing sectors helps in building the right framework of conditions to ensure that the PIM system is equally acceptable to all of the multiple stakeholders involved.